BR-Cover-webpage1

Beyond Redemption by Michael R. Fletcher

So Michael R. Fletcher thought it would be a cool idea to flip the script and interview me instead. I don’t know about this idea, nobody knows who I am. Well, then again you probably don’t know who Michael R. Fletcher is either, and that is a damn shame! If you have not read his book Beyond Redemption you need to go buy it now! Everyone needs to know about this book and author.

That said here is our “The Most Important Interview of All Time”

———————–

Ok so that’s it for “The Most Important Interview of All Time”. I hope you enjoyed it. I had a blast, Thank You Mr. Fletcher! Everybody go do yourself a favor and buy his book!

—————————–
About the book:
BR-Cover-webpage1
  • Paperback: 512 pages
  • Publisher: Harper Voyager (June 16, 2015)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0062387030
  • ISBN-13: 978-0062387035

A darkly imaginative writer in the tradition of Joe Abercrombie, Peter V. Brett, and Neil Gaiman conjures a gritty mind-bending fantasy, set in a world where delusion becomes reality . . . and the fulfillment of humanity’s desires may well prove to be its undoing.

When belief defines reality, those with the strongest convictions—the crazy, the obsessive, the delusional—have the power to shape the world.

And someone is just mad enough to believe he can create a god . . .

Violent and dark, the world is filled with the Geistrekranken—men and women whose delusions manifest. Sustained by their own belief—and the beliefs of those around them—they can manipulate their surroundings. For the High Priest Konig, that means creating order out of the chaos in his city-state, leading his believers to focus on one thing: helping a young man, Morgen, ascend to become a god. A god they can control.

Trouble is, there are many who would see a god in their thrall, including the High Priest’s own doppelgangers, a Slaver no one can resist, and three slaves led by possibly the only sane man left.

As these forces converge on the boy, there’s one more obstacle: time is running out. Because as the delusions become more powerful, the also become harder to control. The fate of the Geistrekranken is to inevitably find oneself in the Afterdeath. The question, then, is:

Who will rule there?

About the author:

Michael-Fletcher-Head-Shot

Michael R. Fletcher is a science fiction and fantasy author. His novel, Beyond Redemption, a work of dark fantasy and rampant delusion, is being published by HARPER Voyager and is slated for release June 16th, 2015.

His début novel, 88, a cyberpunk tale about harvesting children for their brains, was released by Five Rivers Publishing in 2013. 88 is available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and elsewhere.

The next two Manifest Delusions novels, THE ALL CONSUMING, and WHEN FAR-GONE DEAD RETURN are currently in various stages of editing while Michael tries to be the best husband and dad he can be.

Michael is represented by Cameron McClure of the Donald Maass Literary Agency.

cropped-WP-Banner-2

22 comments for “The Most Important Interview of All Time, with Michael R. Fletcher and mightythorjrs.

1. August 13, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Haha, how cool, an author interviewing you! I also felt the same way about Tolkien – I think The Hobbit was also my first fantasy novel and it had been forced upon me for grade school English. Pretty glad it was, though.

Gonna have to pick up Beyond Redemption one of these days, love the sound of that dark vibe and author has a great sense of humor 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• August 13, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Michael is a great guy, and the book is amazing! Review coming soon!

2. August 13, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Awesome review! Wonderful idea to flip roles. And on for the cage match, just give me a few months to get my affairs in order. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• August 13, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Thank you Sir! It was a blast! I am sure your superior blogging skills will overpower me!

3. August 13, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Whoa … where did you go to school that The Hobbit was required reading?? 🙂 And I love the role reversal here, and even though Michael Fletcher asked the questions, they were lively/humorous and I still feel like I got a good feel for his personality. His book is already on my list of books I need to check out, but this is a great reminder. 🙂 (and thanks for wanting to take me (and my blog) down… I think 😉 )

Liked by 1 person

• August 13, 2015 at 10:43 pm

Thank You! I had a great time with this. Michael is awesome and so is Beyond Redemption! Hope you read it soon, would love to hear your thoughts.

4. August 14, 2015 at 1:33 am

Such a fun interview to read!! One of my roommates in college was obsessed with Amon Amarth.

Liked by 1 person

• August 14, 2015 at 1:42 am

It was fun to do also! A great band, if you like metal and Vikings, and I do!

5. August 16, 2015 at 10:49 pm

What a great interview. This author has a great sense of humour!
    I liked your answer about really researching your books before requesting them – it’s too easy to get trigger happy but it’s much better when you take the time to pick up books that you really think will be perfect for you.
    How about peanut butter and nutella – I think it could work!
    Lynn 😀

• August 17, 2015 at 2:11 am

Thank You! This was really a blast to do. Michael is awesome and so is his book. I really do alot of research, probably to much. But it works for me. Thank You!