Awesome contest over on Mark Lawrence’s blog!
Go check it out here:
From Mark’s blog:
The ulterior motive behind every contest I have ever run is, of course, to spread the word about my books.
To that end, cutting out the middle man, this is a contest to spread the word about Red Sister.
The winners will be those judged to have done the most effective job, four random picks so that all entries have a chance of winning.
Prizes = 1 Red Sister ARC, 2 Red Sister hardbacks. All signed and doodled. And 4 signed Wheel of Osheim paperbacks (or other previous works).
– make a Facebook post, most shares and likes wins! Include the cover and a link.
– make a Youtube video. Most views wins.
– take a photo of someone holding a printout of the cover. Most people taking part wins. Bonus points for famous faces and good location.
– convince a convent full of nuns to sing about the book
– a blog post, most unique comments wins
– proof that a friend will now read it because you talked them into it
– Get the book release into a newspaper, on TV, projected by laser onto the face of the Moon, get Donald Trump to tweet about it etc.
– a great sign! Here are some for Prince of Fools
Whatever you do, send me a photo, or a link. I’ll put them here and at the end of the contest check the figures.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contest closes March 20th. Entries must post date the start of the contest.
PRE-ORDER HERE: Red Sister by
The international bestselling author of the Broken Empire and the Red Queen’s War trilogies begins a stunning epic fantasy series about a secretive order of holy warriors…
At the Convent of Sweet Mercy, young girls are raised to be killers. In some few children the old bloods show, gifting rare talents that can be honed to deadly or mystic effect. But even the mistresses of sword and shadow don’t truly understand what they have purchased when Nona Grey is brought to their halls.
A bloodstained child of nine falsely accused of murder, guilty of worse, Nona is stolen from the shadow of the noose. It takes ten years to educate a Red Sister in the ways of blade and fist, but under Abbess Glass’s care there is much more to learn than the arts of death. Among her class Nona finds a new family—and new enemies.
Despite the security and isolation of the convent, Nona’s secret and violent past finds her out, drawing with it the tangled politics of a crumbling empire. Her arrival sparks old feuds to life, igniting vicious struggles within the church and even drawing the eye of the emperor himself.
Beneath a dying sun, Nona Grey must master her inner demons, then loose them on those who stand in her way.