Calling all Sword and Sorcery fans!

Open call to all you Sword and Sorcery types out there!

Are you a author, artist, blogger, game creator, or just a really big fan of S&S? I want to hear from you!

I am looking for contributors, you know people that would like to do a guest blog post, write an article, write a guest review, spotlight their art or other creative endeavors. I would like to provide you a platform to get the word out on your S&S project or maybe just your love of the sub-genre. I am not talking free advertising, you have to do a little work here. So lets work together bloggers share and share alike, lets team up! I want to get my blog out to more people and so do you. Most important, I want to share all I can and let as many people as I can know about all the goings on in the Sword and Sorcery community.

So your not a author, artist, blogger, or game creator with something to promote, but you love S&S, give me a shout. Are you are just a fan and want to write about your favorite books, art, your cool collection, or whatever? lets talk.

I am no S&S expert, I know there are some out there but hey, no need to be one to express what you like or your opinions. No judging here.

So please share this post around. If you know someone that would be perfect for this let them know, or let me know about them.

I am really not looking for anything out of this, I just want to provide a platform for what I really like and share with as many like minded people as I can.

So get in touch!

(mightythorjrs@gmail.com)

Thanks everybody! Can’t wait to hear from you all!

James – Mighty Thor JRS

Guest blogs in this series:

Guest Blog – The Frost Giant’s Daughter, a bedtime tale by David Thomas

Guest Blog – The Fragments, a series looking at the Conan story fragments of Robert E Howard by David Thomas

Guest Blog: Why Swords & Sorcery? By Fletcher Vredenburgh

Guest Blog: The Castle on the Heath: Gothic Style in Wagner’s Bran Mak Morn by Jordan Smith

Guest Blog: The Night of the Expanding Man by Robert M. Price

Guest Blog: Conan was dumb, and 4 other common misconceptions by David Thomas

Guest Blog: Conan inspired 80’s Cartoons? by David Thomas

Guest Blog: The Unsung Apprentice – The Sword and Sorcery Art of Ken Kelly. By Paul Batteiger

Guest Blog: James Allison’s past-lives, revealing more of Conan’s world by David Thomas

Guest Blog: DARK GENESIS – Adrian Cole’s Sword and Sorcery

Guest Blog: Flushing Artifacts Down Plotholes – Muddled Conflict in Sword & Sorcery Movies by S.E. Lindberg

Check out my Definitive Sword and Sorcery post:

Definitive Sword and Sorcery: Kane by Karl Edward Wagner

Definitive Sword and Sorcery: Elric by Michael Moorcock

Definitive Sword and Sorcery: Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser by Fritz Leiber

Definitive Sword and Sorcery: Jirel of Joiry by C. L. Moore

Definitive Sword and Sorcery: Bran Mak Morn by Robert E. Howard

Definitive Sword and Sorcery: Kull by Robert E. Howard

Definitive Sword and Sorcery: Conan by Robert E. Howard

Definitive Weird Fiction: Clark Ashton Smith

Definitive Weird Fiction: H.P. Lovecraft

Definitive Heroic Fantasy: The Broken Sword by Poul Anderson

Definitive: The John Carter/Martian/Barsoom tales of Edgar Rice Burroughs

(Art by Ken Kelly “The Hour of the Dragon”)

31 comments for “Calling all Sword and Sorcery fans!

1. September 18, 2017 at 1:47 pm

I’m over at The Vanishing Tower blog. My personal project is a completed TRPG for role playing pulpy sword & sandals adventures a la Conan and Thongor. I have completed a supplement for it and have a book of magic and a book on adventures, plus mass combat mechanics which I need to complete. My goal is to make USR Sword & Sorcery a great rules-lite game for playing your favorite S&S adventures!

Liked by 1 person

• September 18, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Awesome! If you would like to do some sort of post on my blog let me know! (mightythorjrs@gmail.com) Thanks!

2. September 21, 2017 at 7:57 am

I’ve been a fan of Sword & Sorcery ever since my Dad lent me his Conan books that Lancer Books published.
    I do have a small blog I’ve only just started but I’d be more than happy to review something S&S related (Conan, pethaps? lol), maybe a review might even help my blog get traction and grow 🙂

I’ll send an email to confirm the above 🖒

Liked by 1 person

• September 21, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Awesome, sounds great! I will keep an eye out for the email. Thanks!

• January 23, 2018 at 10:50 pm

Hello.

I apologise it has been so long since I last responded and said I would contribute something towards Swords & Sorcery. If the opportunity is still possible, I would like to help. Cheers.

3. September 24, 2017 at 5:50 pm

I’d be happy to trade posts. Check out my blog at winocthetraveler.com

Liked by 1 person

• September 25, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Awesome! Please get in touch. (mightythorjrs@gmail.com) Thanks!

4. September 24, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Reblogged this on .

Liked by 1 person

5. October 13, 2017 at 11:25 pm

I can blame my dad for my interest in S&S. I remember when I was in elementary or early middle school I had run out of books to read and he just handed me The Hobbit. When I was older he got me into Terry Goodkind. It’s progressed a lot from there. 🙂 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. October 14, 2017 at 3:44 am

I’m interested. Count me in.

Liked by 1 person

7. October 20, 2017 at 1:12 am

I started out in S&S with REH’s Solomon Kane, then dove into Conan. I’ve written a couple of S&S shorts and recently released a novellete called “Swordcrossed Frostbite.”

I also have been starting a magazine (StoryHack) that has had a Sword & Sorcery story or two, and is sure to have more.

Liked by 1 person

• October 20, 2017 at 1:42 am

I hope I get issue #0 and #1 soon! You should definitely be a guest and write a post! Thanks!